Algoma Utilities Launches Web Site
Algoma Utilities has launched a new web site, www.algomautilities.com, to better serve customers by providing another convenient way to do business.
The web site offers the latest information on electric and water rates, rebate programs, community contributions, and environmental and reliability issues. The utility is able to post news releases, informative articles and environmental programs provided through WPPI Energy, Algoma’s power supplier.
Among the features of the new web site are:
- Ability to change mailing address. This feature allows current customers to change their mailing address if different from their service address.
- Report a street light outage. Customers who notice a street light out can now report it online.
- Payment locations.
- Apply for new residential service. Individuals, new to the area, can fill out a form on our website to begin service.
- Apply for transfer of service. Current customers who are moving from one address in Algoma to another address in Algoma can take care of transferring service online.
- Calculating power usage. By estimating the number of minutes or hours customers use various appliances, they can see how much money the appliances cost to operate each month based on current electric rates.
- Community benefits. The community section outlines the benefits of living in Algoma and being served by a locally owned electric utility. In addition to providing electric and water, the utility supports community programs and is proud to endorse Algoma’s growth and progress.
- Links to ongoing programs. The utility’s Tree Power and Air Conditioning Tune-up programs are two such ongoing programs that will be featured on the web site. Our renewable energy program is also featured.
- Just for kids. Energy-related links will interest children while learning about safety and energy efficiency.
Customers can also benefit from online service requests, rebate information, energy-saving tips and rate comparisons.
Algoma Utilities is proud to ad its web site as another way to serve its customers. The utility’s goal is to provide low-cost, reliable service with a friendly, personal touch. It is a local, community-owned utility that serves as a valuable asset to citizens and the community.
To learn more, log on at www.algomautilities.com or call Algoma Utilities at 920-487-5556.